Get started easily editing and managing your own WordPress website in 60 minutes or less. Save time, money, and sanity.
What you’ll learn
- Be up and running managing and editing your own WordPress hosted website.
- Understand key settings, tools, and features of WordPress to enable you to control the look, feel, and function of your website.
- Create and edit posts and pages, format text, add images, add categories and tags, and publish or schedule your website’s content.
- Easily create and manage menus and external links.
- Manage subscribers, contributors, authors, editors, and administrators for your website.
- Harness the power of the most useful plugins and widgets to extend your website’s capabilties.
- Develop a solid beginner’s foundation in WordPress that you can use as a springboard towards more advanced web training or paid opportunities helping others get started editing and managing websites.
- Students should already have their WordPress login information and a WordPress hosted website set up before taking this course. (* I still provide information and external resources in a text lecture if you need to still get set up.)
These clear and easy-to-follow lessons are ideal for complete beginners, anyone who has a WordPress hosted website that someone else made for them, or for someone tasked with having to edit and contribute to their organization’s WordPress website who has no idea where to begin.
I start from the very beginning and show you the most essential and important features of the WordPress dashboard and interface.
I’ll show you how to get started making posts, pages, and managing all aspects of your WordPress hosted website so that by the end of the day today you can already add a new skill to your CV or resume and be contributing or editing your WordPress site at home or at work.
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for complete beginners.
- This course is ideal for people who have a website that someone else made for them who would like to know how to begin to edit and manage it themselves.
- This course is ideal for those who have been tasked with editing their organization’s WordPress hosted website and don’t know where to start.
- Please note this is NOT an in-depth WordPress course. Students looking for intermediate to advanced WordPress training would be better off taking a longer, comprehensive course. (*Do please have a look at my other course offerings to see if I have a different course that is a better fit.)
Check out other IT courses on our website link